My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

We Don't Know What the Future Looks Like

 I can't speak for the future.  I have no crystal ball.- Micheal Jordan


That is certainly true.  For example, if you had told me one year ago that Marvin and I would be sitting at our local community college discussing PSEO classes, I probably wouldn't have believed it.  

Yet today that's exactly what we did.  

Somehow the kid, who in preschool had a teacher who said he didn't have a lot of potential because of all his behavioral problems, registered for an on-campus tour and drug me down there.  Technically, I'm still his ride, but sitting there and watching him scratch down a few notes and calculate all the big bucks he might make if he decided to move forward with heavy-duty truck technology kind of made me a bit teary.  

He's come a long way.  He still has medical issues and requires some support, but at the same time seeing how far he's come just never ceases to amaze me.  

I don't know what his future will hold, but I have no doubt that whatever it is, it will be amazing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment