My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 1, 2013

The way it is

Sometimes, well most of the time,  my life does not go as planned.

Recently is seems like everything has gone wrong.  Everything.

We got a stomach flu and had to cancel an amazing appointment at Kluge.  This was going to get Cary on the fast track to therapy services.  I have now been calling them for a solid week to reschedule and have been unable to get past voice mail.  Grrr.

Marvin is still not able to get in for educational testing.  They told me we would have him in by August.  It is now September and all I have been getting is the run around.  Marvin needs services and he can't get them without a proper diagnosis.  More Grrr.

Shannon had an auto accident.  Our car is toast.  We now have to figure out what to do with that.

I am supposed to be in church right now but Cary decided today was a good day to have a marathon puke fest.  She is on her third bath, I am on my third shower, and my washing machine is plotting my demise as I type this.

So I am really ready to throw my hands up in the air right about now.

But in life things happen.  Some people have been kind of like, God does not give us more than we can handle.  I read a great article on that one and the writer quipped that what the person is really saying is shut up and stop whining.  I did have to smile when I heard that.  

Sometimes life is not running through the meadows with chirping birds and singing daisies.  It is vomit, frustration, a bit of healthy fear, and more vomit.  It isn't easy, its darn hard.

But the moments of grace carry me.  Plus faith that things will turn out for the best. I know that the bad will pass.  It takes time.  And a really good hot water heater.




No comments:

Post a Comment