My Family

My Family

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Two men have had profound impacts on my life.  The first is the one who adopted me and called me his little girl.
There I am in all my radiant baldness.  And dad is there too:).  When I tell people that I am adopted many will ask if I would ever find my "real" family.  As if the family I had was somehow supernatural.  Let me tell you, dad could not walk through walls and float in the air.  Now mom could hear through closed doors, but that is something different.

For me this is my real family.  The people who raised me.  My dad taught me how to do lots of things and could always make me laugh.
Most of all he loved me.  That's what counts in the end.  

The second man is my husband:).  
I remember our third (or fourth) date.  I told him I wanted to adopt.  He didn't even flinch.  Sure he said.  I knew he was a keeper.  

When we started the adoption journey we didn't set out to take on special needs kids.  We thought we would just get some nice older kids and live happily ever after.  Ahem.  No laughing please.  What we did get were two children that have more needs than you can shake a stick at.  
Through it all it has been a wild ride.  A lot of men would have walked out and left a long time ago.  Mine didn't.  He has been an amazing father to these two kids.  We don't always see eye to eye on parenting styles, but here is a daddy who loves these children that were considered throw aways by society.  He sees something in them daily that they don't always see in themselves.  He helps bring out the best in them.  

Happy Father's Day to the two most important men in my lives.  I love you both!  

No comments:

Post a Comment