My Family

My Family

Monday, September 1, 2014

Bumpy Ride

It's been a rough few weeks.

It started out with my Dr. visit.  The good news is I don't have parasites.  The office was very excited about this. The bad news is that I have IBS.  I told the Dr. I would rather have parasites.  They were rather disappointed in my response.  I know there will be some changes in my diet and lifestyle.  I'm not looking forward to giving up some of the foods I love and eating tree bark (O.K. I'm pretty sure I won't have to eat tree bark but you never know).

Then there is the house.  We had to replace our 14 year old carpets.  We got laminate flooring.  By now we are pretty sure that Cary Lynn will be wheelchair bound most of the time.  And her equipment has wheels. The person who installed our flooring was clueless and thanks to him we have big gapes in the laminate in places.  They refused to return our calls and the person harassed me on the phone for money.  We got a second person in to fix what he could but the gaps are still there.  Gaps wheels could get caught in.

Then our heat pump died.  When you live in VA it is hot in the summer.  You sort of require AC in the summer and heat in the winter.  When you have a child with special needs who can't regulate her core temp without lots of environmental modifications and has DI you have for some real good times.  Plus I have been rather unsuccessful at my attempts to grow money trees.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not out on the front lawn crying over Tara burning down and swearing that we will never go hungry again.  But I do worry.  A lot.  That's a parents job.  Things may just be a little tighter and we may be eating a lot of boxed mac and cheese (I hope it tastes good with tree bark).

Even in this mess things that I'm thankful for.  Thanks to my awesome hubby and Rent a Center we have a portable AC unit.  We named him Edward.  Edward has helped keep my child's temp regulated and her DI in check.  Edward has helped keep my child out of the hospital.  I could kiss him.  Well, maybe that's taking it a bit far.

I also got my son's neuro psyc testing results back.  Although we have a lot to work on (and that's a whole other post) the tests show that my kid, despite everything, is a pretty smart little guy.  But hey, I always knew that. (Also a parent's job.)

So for now I'm going to keep trying to grow a money tree, learn to embrace tree bark, and buckle up because you never really know what life is going to throw our way, but I'm going to give it my all!

No comments:

Post a Comment