My Family

My Family

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Good-bye 2018

Well to say it was a wonderful year would be stretching it a tiny bit.  

It wasn't horrible, but at the same time I'm not really sorry that it's gone.  This year has thrown us some big curveballs and I'm really ready to wrap it up and move on to 2019.  

This little human has managed single handedly to give me more grey hair than I care to count.  From disappearing cerebellums, do not resuscitate forms, mitochondrial disease, learning to pull out her g-tube and  unbuckle her carseat while I'm driving things are never boring around here.  

It's been a bumpy year health wise.  We just don't know a lot of why she has picked this year to have massive health malfunctions.  I'm guessing she stays up at night and discusses things with her plastic chicken.  I'm sure the two of them have it in for me! 

Marvin decided that he needed some more things to keep me busy as well.  He's been diagnosed with gastroparesis.  Basically his stomach doesn't move the food through well.  So it kind of hangs out there.  We have been trying medication, but it takes a while to fix things and he and I both want it fixed yesterday!

He's been having other stuff as well and we just keep working on him.  He tries really hard but sometimes it's hard for others to see that.  He's going back for a neuropsych eval in February and is going to be working with a trauma Dr. at VTCC in January.  Mental health is hard to access in our state for kids, but we keep pushing because Marvin needs the support. 

I would honestly say that this has been our most challenging year in a long time.  It wasn't all woe and tears, but it was hard.  I am so thankful for our friends who pulled us through and were there for our family.  I'm thankful for Noah's Children and their workers who have gone above and beyond in emotional support and medical care.  

I'm thankful that we have made it through another year.  We may be a little banged up emotionally, but it's only made us stronger.  I'm also looking forward to 2019 and hoping for a much better year!  Here's to hope and a bright future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment