My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Light at the end of the Tunnel

So here we are in a new year!   Marvin has survived the holiday season with even less triggers than last year, which is a plus.  The decorations have gone down except for my snowman collection.  Living in Virginia you never know what kind of weather you will have in the winter.  So far, I have been disappointed.  No snow.  Well five flakes yesterday, but that doesn't count!!  I want a real honest to goodness snow.  Yes, you may check me into the funny farm.  I like snow. 

But I digress.  It has been a week of ups and downs.  I am back in the classroom and loving it.  The children are eager to learn and I have all sorts of neat works out.  More in the works.  We are almost finished with the final paperwork push!!!  Yay!!!  We have also been approached by another social worker.  This time it looks really promising.  A three year old with lots of moxy.  But who knows how that will play out.  Just when you think you have something good lined up it is taken away.  So I refuse to get over excited.  So that has been the up part of my week. 

But there has also been lots of sadness in the family as well.  My brother in law will stand trial on February for a crime that happened many years ago.  It will be a jury trial.  They have been putting it off in the system for over a year so it was really easy to push it back in my mind and not dwell too much on it.  It was always there though, like the proverbial elephant in the room.  It was a shock to find out the bother in law I adore made such a tragic mistake.  It was a stupid accident and no one really knows what happened.  That's the nutty part of it. 

This has shook us up, but it hasn't destroyed us.  We are a tough family.  There has been an outpouring of love and support.  Which we needed.  We still do.  So keep us in your thoughts in the upcoming weeks.  So far the DA isn't in to making a plea deal.  So we will be going to court unless a miracle happens.  Life is full of ups and downs.  I just wish my downs weren't such doozies!  If trials make me stronger like they say I will be one tough chick by the end of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment