My Family

My Family

Friday, May 4, 2012

Where we are, Marvin's big day, and just catching up

Whew, 

I am tired after just writing the title=).  Where to begin?  I guess at the first part of where we are in the adoption process.  The answer to that is we are still nowhere. 

Are you surprised?  I am not.  Frustrated, but not surprised.  We do have some good news though.  At least I think it is good news.  Our teen social worker is now an official graduate and has been hired to work at Children's Home Society full time.  Yippee!!  That means as far as we know we get to keep her as far as I know.  That could still change, but I hope not.  I really do like her even when she is never around.  But that is most social workers so nothing new on that one. 

We were presented with another child that has a history of acting out sexually with younger children.  Three guesses to what I said to that one.  Really???  I have a little one in the home.  I asked his worker if she was smoking something.  In a nice way of course.  She thought he had improved, but I said that he wasn't getting a chance here.  She was genuinely upset and I probably have to cross New Hampshire off my list, but I will live. 

We are waiting to hear about two young boys.  One is here in VA and the other is in PA.  I had hoped to hear something this week but of course our social worker has decided to drop off the face of the planet for a week.  I have no idea why.  I am sure she is busy taking more time off.  I really hope when she is a full time employee that she has to work a few more hours.  I am thinking that she is graduating or doing some stuff for CHS, but one never knows.  It is really hard to be patient. 

On a real positive note our precious baby boy is about to turn five!  Wow.  I get really teary thinking about it.  He was just this little pudgy bundle when we first got him and now he is going to be a kindergartner.  Excuse me well I get a tissue.  O.K.  pulling it together here.  Marvin has been such a joy to our family.  I love being a mommy. 

Last year we had his first party.  We went to the Ashland Berry Farm and picked strawberries.  Marvin had wanted a Gator and we did a party.  After the party he asked why he didn't get his Gator.  Try explaining a budget to a new four year old.  It didn't work.  So this year when I asked him what he wanted he told me he wanted a toy barn for his tractors.  Not just a plastic piece of junk.  We have gone through two of those.  He showed me what he wanted.  A really nice "heirloom quality" barn.  According to the ad.  All I saw was price.  Really.  So I talked to Shannon about it.  He said Marvin could have a party or a big red barn.  So we went back and forth.  The decision we made was the right one.  We bought the farm.  Here are some pics of it. 



This thing is huge!  Marvin has not stopped playing with it.  It is empty now but we plan on getting some farm stuff to go with it.  Like animals and a few people.  Marvin has drug this thing everywhere except the bathtub.  I have to draw the line somewhere. 

So now we are officially just going to have his VA grandparents and his cousin Cole and aunt for a little meal and playtime.  I am kind of sad.  I wanted to give him a little party, but sometimes the god of budget just says no.  Plus Marvin has not said one peep about a party so I am guessing that it is not going to bother him one bit.  Just me, but I will get over it. 

Other than that, life goes on.  I have finished up conferences for another year, Shannon is working like crazy, I am working like crazy, and we have finally decided about Marvin's kindergarten year.  But that is another post all together.  Life continues and I just can't put it on hold for adoption.  We have too much happening.  Like my little garden, two big school functions, and a crazy rabbit.  It is a crazy busy life and I wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment