My Family

My Family

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ooops

Well the verdict is in.  Even I can get a little ahead of the adoption game.  So I'm not perfect=). 

It started out simply enough.  I put my name in the hat for a slew of children.  Some were no goes from the start.  Some we weeded through.  But now our social worker has kindly asked us to slow down just a bit=).  Well, maybe not so kindly.  But she does have a valid point.  Somewhat. 

The process is slow and agonizing.  You put your name in, send a home study, wait and wait and wait and wait.  No one is in a rush to get these kids any place.  So they rot in the system and families get discouraged. 

Right now we are waiting.  What a surprise.  Our worker put our name in the hat for a seven month old baby girl.  Yes.  A baby.  But we don't have any information on the child's disabilities, needs, and so forth.  Not to mention if it is a baby there are going to be at least 200 other home studies for the baby.  We are also continuing to wait on a 9 year old girl in Colorado, a sibling group of boys in northern VA, and a local 7 year old boy.  So we have many irons in the fire.  Plus I have heard from another worker with a 2 year old boy.  Busy busy busy.  My social worker is putting everyone else on the back burner and fighting hard for the baby girl for us.  I am inclined to think that this is a rather unrealistic expectation, but I still believe in miracles.  

So we continue the unending cycle and pray for patience and endurance in a race that is starting to wear us out a bit emotionally, mentally, and even a bit physically.  I am keeping my eyes out for the finish line which I know is out there somewhere.  I will continue to run the race and play the game the only way I know how.  With grit, stubbornness, and determination to bring our child home.

No comments:

Post a Comment