My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Social worker visit, round two

It was a crazy last few days.  I scrubbed, organized, cleaned, baked, and cleaned some more.  All in the name of the social worker home visit. 

I was a wreck this morning.  I was nervous, irritable, and well, just a mess in general.  I kind of felt like I was the only one on a sinking ship.  So to calm down I did some serious baking and last minute prep.  The worker, Ms. J. was supposed to show up at 11.  So imagine my surprise when the doorbell rings at 9:30.  Holy cow!  I just had put Marvin down in front of the TV with so I could clean up my mess.  So quick thinker that I am I shove it all in the dishwasher and slam it shut and pray that she doesn't ask to look inside.  I turn off the TV and tell Marvin that he has to finish his show later.  He was so not happy about that. 

Then I said another quick prayer, opened the door and let Ms. J in.  She was in a really good mood and loved her drive out here.  I showed her around and she really liked the house.  She loved my cookie monster blue kitchen as well.  She also really liked Marvin who totally took her over and demanded that she play with him, gave her a puppet show, showed her his handstands, and drew her a picture.  Thank heavens she likes kids. 

In between all of this I did have a chance to talk shop with her.  Believe it or not.  She is looking to place the baby in August and drumroll, I think she likes us!!!! Yay!!!!!!!   We are hoping to get "official" news by the end of this week.  Yay again!!!!!!!

But this is still a legal risk adoption and there is always the turn and shift of life.  I am hoping and praying for the news we are waiting for and so ready to get a nursery up and rocking!!  Things are finally starting to fall into place and I am so ready for it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment