My Family

My Family

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still here

Hello,

Just a quick note to let everyone know I am still around.  It has been really nuts around here.  School is back in full swing and I have about 25 blessings that I have the privilege to teach daily!   Mom and dad are visiting from Colorado and we have had all sorts of fun with them here.  Marvin has enjoyed his daily interactions with granma and granpa. 

As for the adoption, true to form, all things have come to a screeching halt.  I have been badgering the agency, but they keep saying that "we will be contacted soon".  Which is agency speak for "go away you are making us crazy."  I still have one more class to take, a make-up from summer.  It is about bonding.  So once I take it we should magically hear from the agency.  I am taking it next Saturday. 

On another note, Marvin's old social worker contacted us.  She is excited that we are getting back into the game.  She told us to keep her posted.  Now, knowing her as I do, something is up.  Really.  She is as transparent as a window on a sunny day.  So I am hoping that we get this homestudy on the road before my children have to push me around in a wheelchair! 

We are still up in the air about the age bracket.  Marvin deserves a good match.  He loves big children and adores babies.  As for me I wouldn't mind another little one.  Shannon would take any age.  If Marvin's social worker gets involved it will be a little one.  She thinks Marvin should be the big brother. 

That is it for now.  Endless waiting and waiting.  But the end results are always worth the wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment