My Family

My Family

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another Bump in the Road

We made it home yesterday.  It was a great trip and I will post more on it later.  For us it was a sad homecoming. 

The pet sitter had called us to let us know that Mr. P was sick.  Really sick.  His temp and heart rate had dropped and he was laying on his side. Not good if you are a bunny.  So he rushed him to the vet and gave him an IV.  They told him that now it was just a matter of time.  We were called and alerted, but it was too far from home to get there.  I spent most of the day crying, pretty sure that he would be gone before we made it home. 

He survived until we got there.  The sitter was amazed and said that he may just make it.  I took one look at him and was pretty sure that it would require a miracle.  I held him and we rushed to the vet.  We didn't make the vet.  Mr. P left us just as Frosty did a few months back.  Peacefully sleeping in my arms. 

I know for a lot of people that he was just a pet and a rabbit at that, but for me he was more.  I adopted P around the time that I found out I couldn't have kids.  He was comic relief and joy during dark days after a miscarriage.  I loved having him around and he had a zest for life and furniture.  He will be missed. 

Marvin was upset.  He was very close to P and loved him.  When Shannon went to dig the grave Marvin took his shovel and helped daddy.  He helped me place P in and kissed him.  Then we filled in the hole and went in.  Marvin told me his heart was hurting.  I told him mine was too, but it was O.K. to be sad. 

Part of loving is losing.  It has not been a fun past few months around here with that.  But time moves forward and we move on.  I will remember all the good times we had with him and his love for life.  The funny moments and the sad ones.  He was a joy to have and I am proud to have been a part of his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment